LEARN TO DRIVE
- Is he/she fully qualified, i.e. green licence holder. The expiry date is clearly shown on the licence.
- How reliable is the instructor – will he/she turn up on time everytime?
- Uses a driver development card to track your progress.
- Adapts your tuition for you.
- Gives you a full lesson of one-to-one tuition.
- How much time will you spend parked up listening to your instructor talk.
- Does not smoke or use a mobile phone during your lessons.
- Do they use you as a taxi to pick up the next pupil whilst on your lesson.
- Is the instructor insured to allow provisional licence holders to drive their car.
- Can he/she produce an insurance certificate to prove this?
- Can the instructor produce confirmation that he/she has had a Criminal Records Bureau
check carried out on them?
- The DVSA insist that all instructors are subject to a CRB check in order to verify their
suitability to being a driving instructor.
Wherever possible we like to conduct an assessment driving lesson several weeks before running the intensive driving courses Romford. This gives us an opportunity to observe your driving and learning style before planning the relevant training that will help you achieve the standard required to pass and remain a safe driver for life.
You can complete this lesson before you take your driving theory tests, but you cannot book your practical driving test until you have passed your driving theory test.
Some companies offer a guaranteed pass scheme, we think this is just about the only thing we cannot guarantee as it is down to the pupil on the day.
Hours or Days?
We price our lessons by the hour. Some companies price by the day, but can leave you disappointed when you only get a half day in the car. We do it this way because it’s more transparent, it’s unusual to do more than 4 hours per day, as a pupils concentration tends to fade very quickly after this point.
We can also be a little more flexible in fitting in sessions of driving lessons that suit your own schedule.
There are a few options available:
- 20 hours for the more experienced learner driver
- 30 hours for the less experienced learner
- 40 hours for the novice learner
Included in our prices
- Door to door pick-up
- One to one tuition
- Full lesson time in car
- 15 minute coffee/tea break every 2 hours minimum
Please discuss this with your instructor.
Wests School of Motoring also specialise in recovery courses for candidates who have failed a previous test(s) with other instructors and driving schools.
Refresher training will be based upon your individual needs, and can be very useful and there are different options available if:
- You passed your test some years ago but have never driven or driven for some time.
- Have had a break from driving due to circumstances or health.
- You have passed your test but feel you need more tuition on a particular aspect of your driving. For example, parking on busy streets or in car parks.
- Not covered motorway driving in your lessons and chose not to do the PASS PLUS course.
- You have let your driving skills get slightly “rusty” and as a result may have lost your confidence and you feel you need help in improving your overall driving skills.
- Your company wishes you to have an insurance assessment before driving the company car.
The length of the driving refresher training will be geared to your needs.
Wests School of Motoring, based in Romford, Essex are qualified driving instructors and can quickly get you back on track and help you regain those skills and confidence required to drive safely.
Sometimes all that is needed is a few refresher training lessons, rather than a full blown driving refresher course.
The Theory Test
Booking your Theory Test is a decision that will be made by yourself. When you feel confident that you are ready to take the test, you can call the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) on 0300 200 1122 option 11 or click on the link below to book online.
The Theory Test must be taken and passed before you can book a Practical Driving Test. It is a multiple choice computer based test.
You will be given 50 questions of which you must answer 43 correctly to pass. The fee for the Theory Test is £25, local Theory Test centres are Basildon, Chelmsford, Harlow, Ilford & Southend.
The Hazard and Perception Test
This is a series of video clips showing various driving situations, you are required to recognise and react to hazards as they develop.
There are 14 clips with 15 hazards i.e. one clip has 2 hazards. The passmark for the Hazard Perception test is 44 out of 75.
There are a number of good training aids available in the form of DVD or CD.
The Practical Driving Test
Booking your Practical Driving Test is a decision that will be made between yourself and your instructor. When you both agree that you are ready for your Driving Test call the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) on 0300 200 1122 option 25 or click on the link below to book online.
The Driving Test will begin with an eyesight check and then vehicle safety questions. After this you will begin your Drive which will include Manoeuvres. You will pass your Driving Test if you can show the examiner the following skills:
Complete the set exercises
Know the Highway Code and can demonstrate this through your driving.
You can make up to 15 driving faults and still pass the driving test. However, if you commit one serious or dangerous fault you will fail the driving test.
The current fee for the Practical Test is £62 for weekday tests and £75 for weekend tests.
The Practical Test Centres that our Instructors cover are Barking, Brentwood, Goodmayes, Hornchuch and Tilbury.
Get quality driving lessons in Romford with Wests School of Motoring and pass your test now!
SHOW ME, TELL ME
We have given you some information about some of the tests and what to expect.
Below are 3 PDF documents for you to download which lists all the information you need to know about each test.
Q5. Identify where the windscreen washer reservoir is and tell me how you would check the windscreen washer level.